Today we’ll take care of show you the best freeride longboards on the marketplace and them respective descriptions.
First, what exactly is the free ride style and how to difference a freeride longboard from the others?
The freeride style is the combination of the downhill and the freestyle longboarding that surge when you mix some tricks in the moment of going downhill. Although this style is similar to the original downhill it is a totally new style because all involves to try different tricks, slides, spins and use your creativity along the speed and coordination that the downhill style needs.
In order to difference a longboard that has been created especially to practice freeride you need to put your eyes on the length of the board first. A freeride longboard usually don’t will exceed the 42 inches because if the board is too long make all the tricks will be more difficult for you.
Although the length of the board isn’t all you need to see if it is for freeride or not, most riders claim that is the main factor.
What Kind of Boards Are More Suitable For Freeriding?
The experts highly recommend to using drop-through longboards, which usually are shorter. Any board between 38 and 42 inches in length and 8 and 10.5 inches in width is perfect to practice freeriding.
The trucks also are important. You need to verify that the trucks that you will use are strong and resistant to the sharp spins, but also suits with the proportions of your longboard. The most recommended is use trucks with an angle of 50-52 degrees on its base in order to get better slides, but if you’re looking for stability the best is to use trucks with an angle of 40-45 degrees on its base.
And about the wheels, most riders recommend to using medium or small sizes for more stability, but it really depends on your own comfort.
The Best Freeride Longboards
Landyachtz Ten Two Four Red Fox
With its 38.75 inches in length and 9.75 inches in width, this drop-through longboard is perfect to practice freeriding with a lot of stability, a nice experience and a lot of fun. The carve corners of the board helps to eliminate the wheel bite and get more speed and stability at the moment of ride.
The Landyachtz isn’t the most economic longboard on the marketplace, but this is one of the boards that really worth it.
Sector 9 Aperture Sidewinder
Sector 9, as one of the best brands of the history of longboarding, still making a good work with the Sector 9 Aperture Sidewinder. With 36 inches in length and 9 inches in width, this board is designed to keep you smiling and sliding for hours.
Downhill Freeride Slide Longboard
This board, with 40 inches in length and 10 in width, is totally designed to give you the best experience at the moment of doing freeride. Its perfect cutouts give it a beautiful style and the cambered platform of this board gives it more flexibility.
Santa Cruz Drop-Thru Lion God
40 Inches in length and 10 in width.
This drop-through designed longboard is especially designed for freeriding and some skaters claim that it have one of the most authentic graphics, so if you’re the type of riders that enjoy the graphic, this board is perfect for you.
Arbor Axis 40 Artist
The beautiful Arbor Axis Artist has an original and non-repetitive look because this board was inspired from the original design of a snowboard and its drop-through mounting give you the best experience at the moment of making a slide.
This board has 40 inches in length and 8.80 in width.
Based on those proportions, features, uniqueness and quality, those are the best freeride longboards on the current marketplace.
You can use almost any board for freeriding, but if you want to do it correctly, with more ease and with more flowing we recommend you that follow the longboard specifications that we discuss on this article.
- LONGBOARD ENGINEERING - VOLADOR gives engineering specifically any extra attention. Drop-through mounting translates into greater stability and improved push efficiency. Aluminum 7” reverse kingpin trucks are adjustable to either 50°for carving/freeriding or 45° for cruising/commuting. Softer 70x51mm 78A PU wheels fitted with ABEC-9 precision bearings bring shock-absorption, kick efficiency, and maximum traction, making this board ideal for commuting situations.
- MATERIALS & MANUFACTURING - 8-Ply hardrock maple deck is durable and offers a generous platform at 42” x 9”. The A356 aluminum alloy used in trucks deserves more credit, which is a high-grade alloy used in the aerospace industry for high-strength applications like rocket engines and missiles.
- ARTWORKS - VOLADOR always commission custom art from Europe, Russia, and Asia to provide an eclectic blend of beautiful styles to choose from.
- BEGINNERS’ GOOD BUY - VOLADOR is a good option for beginners uncertain about their commitment to longboarding. While affordable, the overall quality, comfort, and durability meet the standards of more experienced longboarders.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - VOLADOR has been consistently ranked in the Top 5 longboard, and no simple feat against top-shelf brands with a presence in the marketplace. We are committed to provide the best customer service and will take care of any quality issue.
- VERSATILE BOARD:41-inch Cruiser Longboard Skateboard designed for cruising,made of high density natural maple to add strength and stiffness,makes freestyle easier.
- STURDY&STABLE:Super durable deck is made of High-quality nature maple,durable to withstand riders up to 330lbs,offers perfect balance between toughness and weight.Equipped with genuine aluminium 7 Inch alloy trucks add more comfort to your skateboarding experience.
- SMOOTH&SPEEDY RIDE:Super smooth 70mm 80A PU wheels with precision ABEC-11 bearing,PU casted bushing-95A,providing super flexibility and effective cushioning,making you enjoy an unsurpassed smooth ride.
- ENJOY:The fashionable appearance and graceful streamline design give skateboarders a comfortable and eye-catching experience.High density waterproof anti-skidding diamond emery paper brings more friction between your shoes and the board for keeping you riding steadily and safely.
- PERFECT GIFT: Designed for downhill,carving and freestyle riding,this longboard is stable and its wide turning radius makes riding easy and safe,as well as a great option for beginners and pros alike!No assembly required.
So, in summary, if you’re looking for the perfect free ride longboard these are the main specifications that you need to take in count:
- Length (38-42 Inches)
- Width (8-10.5 Inches)
- Trucks (50-52 degrees or 40-45 degrees, depend on your preferences)
- Wheels (Small-Medium size)
In some cases the proportions of the boards can vary for a couple of inches. For example, there are some longboards with 37 or 36 inches and still being good for freeriding. The most important factor when it comes freeride style is that you find a longboard that suits well with your body and you feel comfortable with it.