For those who are concerned about the environment, they are continually looking for alternative riding options. Any solution that offers alternatives to fossil fuels is getting plausible responses from many people. In this article, we will review Razor Ecosmart Electric Scooter, which is a fantastic product as an alternative vehicle and a comfortable ride.
Razor Ecosmart Metro Electric Scooter Review
Whatâ€™s in the Box
- 1 Razor Ecosmart Metro Electric Scooter
- Assembly Tools
- Some Paperwork (Manual, Warranty)
Step by Step Assembly Guide
The assembling process of this scooter requires some basic household tools and approximately thirty minutes of time. This assembly is not for children. So, keep your kids away from the assembling process and proceed with caution. One pro tip is to connect your charger while attaching the parts. This would save you some time.
- Phillips screwdriver
- 5 mm Allen wrench
- 13/15mm open wrench
- 8/10mm open wrench
- Spoke tightener
(Note: These tools are included in the package)
Steps-1: Front Wheel
- Remove the packing material from the front fork.
- Remove axle nuts from the axle bolt and insert the wheel into the front fork. Safety washers should face outside of the fork.
- Insert the tab on the safety washer into the hole on the front fork and tighten axle nuts using two 15mm open wrenches.
- Face the handlebars forward with the throttle on the right and brake on the left, depress the push button located on the front fork and insert the handlebar stem until the button locks securely into the stem.
Step-3: Seat and Luggage Rack
- Slide the seat tube through the luggage rack and into the frame tube down to the safety line on the seat tube. The clamp of the luggage rack should be above the seat clamp.
- Adjust the seat to the desired height
- Secure the seat by tightening the collar clamp bolt using a 5mm Allen wrench.
- Adjust the luggage rack to the desired height and tighten the 4 bolts on the luggage rack with 5mm Allen wrench and 10mm open wrench.
- Slide the basket hooks under the bar located on the luggage rack.
- Align the hole in the basket with the hole on the luggage rack.
- Insert the washer and bolt into the hole in the basket and through the bracket on the luggage rack.
- Using a 5mm Allen wrench, tighten the bolt until the basket is securely attached to the rack.
- To adjust the brake cable play, thread the brake lever adjuster in or out 1/4 to 1/2 turn until the desired brake adjustment is attained. Most adjustments are complete at this step.
- If the brake is too tight or too loose, use a 10mm open wrench to loosen the nut for additional adjustment on the brake cable. Securely tighten the nut when finished.
Razor Ecosmart Metro Electric Scooter Features
In our article, we will discuss this scooter’s features in three different sections. We will discuss its build-quality, its design, and some user experience. Additionally, we have a dedicated area for some of the unique features we have noticed about this scooter.
The primary material for this ride’s framing structure is steel. This structure made the scooter a heavy material built. The weight of this scooter is 65.12 lbs (29.6 kg).
This scooter features a 16â€³ wheel. The wheel has a pneumatic tire and has a spoked metal frame. The wheels are quite good at managing smooth driving experience in harsh road conditions.
The carriage is a noticeable but optional feature for this ride. It has metal framing with a vinyl coating. You can easily carry your necessary daily stuff in it.
The seat has a spring for comfortable riding experience. It also has a padded layer for a better seating experience.
The Ecosmart has a sealed lead-acid battery. Razor has packed the battery packed with three cells (12 volts each). Because of lead-acid batteries, it takes a little longer time to get fully charged.
The design of Ecosmartas is focused on two primary aspects: a) Simplicity and b) Functionality. Let’s dive in.
7. Bamboo Deck
Unlike other plastic deck covers, this scooter features an entirely Bamboo made deck. This deck not only gives your scooter a unique outlook but also an environmentally conscious design.
8. Comfortable Seat
We have already mentioned earlier that the seat of this ride has padded layers. This seating is a simple and comfortable design. The design also makes a great driving experience for senior riders.
The carrying basket has a traditional design. It is more of a functional portion of the ride than just a design element. It is convenient for students who use the ride daily for their school up and down travels. You can remove the basket and keep something else there too.
The throttle is a simple twist-grip hand throttle. It does not require too much pressure for acceleration.
This scooter features a hand brake. The brake is a rear drum-brake and has simple wiring that you can replace easily.
The noticeable aspect of this scooter’s riding experience is that this is fast. I mean, you can quickly get to the top speed and have a steady velocity. This is also a feature that you should cautiously handle, because kids may lose control sometimes.
The pneumatic tires give this ride a smooth movement. These tires are also great for different terrains.
14. Slow Brake
Drum brakes are usually slower than disc brakes. You can notice that on this ride too. But for many riders, this isn’t much of an issue because they use this scooter for slower drives and usually don’t reach the top speed.
You May Also Like : Razor Powercore E90 Review In 2020
- Distance: Up to 12 miles (19 km) on a single charge
- Speed: Up to 18 mph (29 km/h)
- Run Time: Up to 40 minutes of continuous use
- Motor: 500-watt, variable-speed, high-torque, chain-driven
- Throttle: Twist-grip Brake: Hand-operated, rear
- Frame: Steel Grips: Soft, rubber
- Deck: Bamboo
- Wheels: Spoked with 16â€³ (406 mm), pneumatic tires
- Kickstand: Retractable
- Seat: Padded
- Storage: Luggage rack and detachable basket
- Battery: 36V (three 12V) sealed lead-acid, rechargeable
- Includes: Battery charger
- Age: 16+
- Max Rider Weight: 220 lbs (100 kg)
- Assembled Product Dimensions: 57â€³ x 20â€³ x 42.9â€³ (146 cm x 51 cm x 109 cm)
- Product Weight: 65.12 lbs (29.6 kg)
Features & Specifications at a Glance
|Built||* Steel FrameWeight: 65.12 lbs (29.6 kg)|
* Bamboo DeckRetractable Kickstand
* Padded SeatStorage: Luggage Rack and Detachable Basket
* Battery: Sealed Lead-Acid, 36V, Rechargeable
* Spoked Wheels with Air-Filled Tires
|Size||* Dimensions: 57â€³ x 20â€³ x 42.9â€³ (146 cm x 51 cm x 109 cm)16â€³ (406 mm) Wheel|
|Suitability||* Age: 16+Max Rider |
* Weight: 220 lbs (100 kg)
|Service||* 90-days Manufacturer Warranty|
Razor Ecosmart Electric Scooter Specialty
One of the most excellent features of Razor Ecosmart is that it is a durable scooter. You will notice that from its sturdy structure and smooth riding experience. The following are some of our picks for its highlighting features.
1. Great Range
The official description suggests 19 km (12 miles) of mileage per charge for this scooter. The actual range is also that far as testified by various users and institutional testings.
What is more impressive is that the charging does not affect much on your electricity bills. So, you will not face any problems with that.
2. Comfortable Riding Experience
The best thing about this ride is that the seating facility is quite comfortable for the riders. Usually, electric scooters are quite comfortable, even in seatless options. This scooter, however, has a comparatively large seat.
Other than that, the handlebar to seat length ratio is impressive, which is why the seating is much more comfortable.
Another positive aspect of its comfortable riding facility is that the scooter is senior-friendly. Senior citizens donâ€™t require much more technical knowledge to ride this scooter, so this is a suitable option for senior members of the family.
You May Also Like : Razor A5 Lux Kick Scooter Review In 2020
3. Convenient Carriage
Although the Carriage might seem redundant to some people, it is a convenient part of daily usage. The carrying basket is well suited for carrying laptops, bags, stationeries, books, and other everyday stuff.
The good thing about the Carriage is that if you do not like the design, you can easily remove it and use the scooter without the basket.
4. Comparatively Better for Environment
The Ecosmart scooter features a bamboo deck. A bamboo is an eco-friendly option for riders. Apart from the deck, the frame is also mostly metallic, which makes them biodegradable. The battery-based rider itself is an environmentally pro option for those who are ecology-conscious.
- Environment friendly
- Durable material
- Affordable price
- Budget-friendly electric charging bills
- Optional Carrying-Basket
- Not suitable for rainy weather
- The Ecosmart is not for rainy weather. So, please avoid rainy weather.
- Try not to open the battery area. The acid might get exposed, and there could be several possible hazards.
For any rider, this product will give the satisfaction of riding with freedom and comfort. That being said, it is true that scooters with seats may not be suitable for many peopleâ€™s tastes. But the truth of the matter is that this is a minimal sacrifice for the sake of climate-consciousness. Stay safe, ride safer!